~

~

Monday, October 27, 2008

At the Mayo again

I have to report for surgery at 5:45am tomorrow. (I bet they scheduled the morning people for noon....) Tonight I ate dinner with Alan and Mom and Zack and Lynn, and it was great, like a party! Lynn looks like a million bucks, boobless and with this great short haircut. (She says she looks a lot like her brother, now.) I had to remind myself that she used to have breasts. She looked good then, but she may well look better, now.

And the thing I was the most worried about Barry seems to be taking good care of.... apparently my kids have been helping!

I met everyone today except for the anesthesiologist, who I meet in the morning. And when I asked my surgeon today if she was going to write something on my breast to make sure she got the right one, she wrote her initials on my breast. It cracks me up, as though my breast is hers, now.

It will all be over before I celebrate my birthday on Wednesday (yeah, in the hospital -- but hopefully cancer free....)
That works for me. Actually, I'm goign to get my knee scanned on my b-day -- if I remember! Even if I'm still in the hospital -- the scan is in the same building. It's my right knee -- because when they scanned my right hip last summer at G-town, when I was having that right butt pain like when I drive for a long time, they saw something they have to make sure is normal. (It's something my onc wanted done and I didn't get done, and suddenly realized that if it's NOT normal I want it known while I'm here.)

Anyway I should go to bed for a bit -- or at least shut this off so Alan and Mom can sleep. (I'm sharing a hotel room with them -- and then after surgery I'm sharing a hospital room with someone I don't know. I could have asked for a private roomfor $50 more -- but I honestly don't know if I will need it. I don't sleep through light and noise -- but I brought earplugs and my favorite ripped shirt to put over my eyes.....

Alan will update tomorrow, he says. Good night and thanks everyone for all your wonderful support. I don't always answer all the emails but I love them.

1 comment:

marettesyndrome said...

We are thinking of you and sending positive healing energy! Happy Birthday month!
Maretta and Sharon