~

~

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Steroid Buzz

I had to take steroids Wednesday through Saturday, and it was too much. I don't even know about my eye pressures yet, though they do feel on the firm side -- right now I'm just talking about the choppy sleep and the crankiness. I anticipated it, and was careful to exercise every day, but I have still needed pharmaceutical help to sleep, every night...... and have never gotten more than a couple of uninterrupted hours at a time (& more often 1-1.5.)

Even so I skipped the last dose, yesterday afternoon. The doc said that the post chemo steroids were about avoiding fluid retention, and that the most dangerous place would be in the lungs -- and that he thought i'd be at a lower risk of it because of all the exercise. We did talk about dropping the last day or cutting the dose next time, if I did fine this time. I will bring that up before my next chemo.......

I'm also wondering whether maybe I should switch chemo days; Thursday is a good day if I'm going to be tired, because I can rest on the weekend -- but if I'm not going to be able to sleep, maybe I want to do it on Tuesdays instead, since I have to get up at 6-6:30 on weekdays.

Course I already made a friend I expect to see next time -- but I'd make others. I did get her email address, so I could tell her what happened.

I'm also feeling bothered by the cold. This is nothing new, though.... just winter, arriving early.

No comments: