~

~

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

nauseous

So after the steroid buzz wore off I was surprised to wake up on Monday morning with chemo nausea --talk about a delayed reaction! I did forget to push fluids -- next time I will have to remember to drink 2-3 liters a day. I did fine with this over the summer (I ate a watermelon every 2-3 days when water started tasting bad) but it's not so instinctive to push fluids when it's cold out -- and I think the nurse didn't worry about going through all the symptoms with me because I've been through chemo before, and really just a little while ago. (Too bad about my short attention span....)

I think pushing fluids will make a difference -- but I am also considering switching my chemo day from Thursday to Tuesday. Because I need to be on steroids for so many days I was wakeful and energetic and sleepless Wednesday through Sunday, and wiped out on Monday, and still tired today. The sleeplessness might work better Monday through Friday, when the alarm goes off at 6am, with the weekend to rest.....

Anyway that's a thought. And now I'm going to grab a nap and hope I get get out to walk and/ or swim later this morning. It's nice out -- pretty good biking weather! (low 40s) Two days in a row I'm missing it....... and these were the days I had this week; kids are off tomorrow and thanksgiving stuff starts....... On the other hand it looks like it will stay in the 40s through the weekend, so, hmm, we'll see what I can fit in!

No comments: