~

~

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

actually my whole right BREAST is shrinking!

Emily and I finally posed for our "before" pictures, she in her "new" bikini that I got her early in the summer, and I in my new bikini that she picked out for me at Old Navy at their end of summer sale -- in early to mid August, that was. I don't know if I wrote about that at the time -- but it was pretty cool, because my right breast was too big for the suit, and I bought it thinking that that wouldn't be a problem next summer, post mastectomy. (In fact the individual bra cups remove, so if I ever wanted to make a statement......) I also kinda like the idea of getting a new bikini before a mastectomy, thumbing my nose at any idea that perhaps my bikini days are over. HOwever, I honestly would not have thought of it; it was EMily's idea, and she insisted I get the suit. And it does look good, and the top looked good on her, too (good enough that she is going to have to, um, borrow it sometime.... ) so it will look okay on a flat chest. AND it was only $10..... :-)

Anyway so we posed for pictures tonight, the plan being that we will do it again next summer (or before, whenever it's warm enough to get the suits out) when SHE has breasts (trust me on this; it won't be long now) and I have only one. So anyway I put the suit on last night, thinking as I did that maybe I should pose in a different suit that look better, since I still have my right breast, which was falling out of the suit top when I tried it on in the store changing room. Well when I put on the suit last night, it fit. The bikini top fit fine on both breasts. My right breast is no longer too large for the swimsuit.... how big WAS that tumor????

In fact it looked so good I felt sorry about getting rid of the breast. I suppose I could have a lumpectomy, but...... I want clean margins, and when you start out with a 7cm tumor, who knows if anything got left behind in the shrinkage? Nah, I will learn to be lopsided.

OKay I will leave off now -- perhaps I will have some real news tomorrow.

1 comment:

marettesyndrome said...

tease! where are the pictures?!?
S & M