~

~

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Actually maybe I'm sick.

Well I checked in with my doctor last night, and I think I'm going to go with the low grade viral illness guess. She (the doctor, my oncologist) said that while myalgia happens with taxol sometimes, it's generally not a cumulative effect. It's like, you get the taxol, you go home, and then you ache. And it gets better eventually and next week you go do it again and it happens again. That's not what happened to me, though.

Also Alan reminded me where I might have gotten exposed to an illness.... which was the other part of the mystery. When I went to pick him up at the airport on Friday afternoon he gave me a big kiss and told me AFTERwards that he hadn't been feeling well for a couple of days. (Duh!) I started getting body aches on Saturday. (And he's a biologist..... I guess he forgot about the breast cancer and the infection risk for a moment....?????) He's kind of under the weather too -- but it's not so obvious as when I am, because of, uh, our different personalities. And he's been thinking what he has is allergies -- since he got back. But maybe not.

Makes me grumble -- after all our hard work keeping me away from sick people ALL SUMMER! At least this time I have enough of a white count to fight it. But I don't want to feel so tired that I need to stay home and sleep in on a beautiful biking day for two weeks...... That's what Dr. L said; we won't know for sure what it is until it goes away in two weeks, or doesn't. I've never been sick for two weeks! Well I did stay home and sleep in today, and skip the bikeride. I'd gone to bed at 11pm and got up at 10:30am, with only a brief interruption to send an email about not going on the ride.

Anyway I'm on advil now -- she okayed the advil too -- so I'm going to go walk the dog. It just makes me mad -- all summer I've had so much energy despite the chemo, and been so careful to not get sick, and one screwup pulled my plug, so I'm tired all the time now. And it wasn't even MY screwup!

No comments: