~

~

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hair Today....

Well today my CBC showed an "appropriately lowered" white count, and my hair is starting to shed more than usual -- though no obvious bald spots have appeared yet. I was a bit worried when I showered at the high school pool after swimming today that I would scare the other swimmers by losing half my hair and would have to reassure them that it was expected.... Luckily there wasn't anyone else in the showers when I shampooed my hair -- except my mom.

Mom came yesterday! She came to help -- I was hoping to reassure her with how ME I still am. And now I'm hoping that some of the time we will have a good time (we have so far!) and she will rediscover swimming. (She taught me, long ago. I think she's going to discover that she's stronger now than she thinks.) She helps even when she doesn't notice -- today Emily hung out with her after school while I was busy, and Em seemed much happier for it.

Today was a great day except that I'm up too late again. So I'm off to bed! (The times this blog says seem to be Pacific time or something.... it's a few minutes after midnight.)

No comments: