~

~

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aches and Pains in Ithaca

Got to Ithaca yesterday for my first visit here in 2 yrs and almost immediately started feeling achey and chilled. My first thought was, it's viral, but it hasn't moved in the last 24 hrs. Not better, not worse. Like when i was on taxol a year ago. Lenny thinks maybe it's an adrenal crash. Is it possible that could cause the same symptoms as taxol?

I don't know anything about adrenal crashes. Lenny has a chinese medicine practitioner he thinks is great at diagnosing and might be able to help with acupuncture. I'm going to see if i can get in to see her tomorrow or something -- it would be nice to at least have a sense of what this is!

I did bike my first comfortable over 50 mile ride since chemo, Friday, and they yesterday I drove here -- about 320-330 miles. I do have a little sore spot under my back/shoulder bone that started at the end of the drive, but the rest of this feels completely different.

Could it be that I couldn't deal with all the side effects of chemo when i was on it, so some of it waited? THat's happened to me with emotional things before.... I didn't know I could do it with physical things, but if it turns out I did that has kind of neat implications for keeping the cancer away -- or in check -- now and in future!

No comments: