~

~

Thursday, March 26, 2009

WARNING don't eat while reading GROSS DESCRIPTION in this post

The bleeding was worse today, and the bloody area larger. The bathtub looked sobering when I got out.... You know those TV shows where people commit suicide by cutting themselves in the bathtub? Yeah, extremely gross. Well the tub made me think of those scenarios when I stood up in it today -- though to be fair it was more brown than red. (I was getting ready to worry about blood loss, and then I realized I haven't had a period since last June..... and it probably wasn't even one period's worth.) Anyway, I called the doctor after the bath..... he wants me to come in, of course. The thing is, no way will he be able to see it without putting me into excruciating pain. Except maaaybe....

I dried the area before putting gauze on. When it was dry enough I put a layer of antibiotic ointment followed by a layer of burn gel -- and then let it dry some more. I was probably walking around with half a shirt on for a good 45 mins. THEN I put on an OIL soluble burn ointment, before putting the gauze on. SO one can hope that the gauze will peel off enough for a good look inside without taking the scabbing off with it......

Also there is a cherry blossom bike ride tomorrow morning I'm going to go to first. Last year I missed the cherry blossom ride to have the suspicious lymph node removed -- which led to my diagnosis. I'll be damned if I'm going to miss a SECOND cherry blossom ride a YEAR LATER because of the same disease! Luckily the doctor thought that was completely reasonable, and said I can come at 1pm with my bike. Whew!

No comments: