~

~

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Heart Normal

I talked with the cardiologist today. My heart pump function is fine, he said. If anything was going to get affected by the chemo, that was it. I pressed for clarification & he said that if the adriamycin damaged the heart, the damage must be pretty small because it doesn’t show up on the ultrasound. (Maybe that’s normal – I don’t know – but I sure found it reassuring!!) I have to repeat some bloodwork, though – my magnesium level was low (and he wants me to start taking a supplement now) and my thyroid level is also a little low. So I will repeat the bloodwork and we’ll see…. He did say that low magnesium levels can cause a predisposition to palpitations and arrhythmia.

So -- any words of wisdom about these things are most welcome. I'm feeling a distinct lack of wisdom about these matters......

No comments: