~

~

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chlorine

Just in case you guys thought i was exaggerating about the chlorine (I wondered, myself) Mom and I went swimming at Wakefield pool the next day (it was Yorktown that was overchlorinated) and I was fine, no breaks needed other than goggle fix breaks (think I need new ones) and maybe, you know, a break every third or quarter mile. (That's still recuperation, or lung stuff, I guess -- it's not as I was but it's reasonable, not like every lap or two like Thursday!) Also I developed a brown spot on my chin which crusted over the next morning, a chlorine burn. It doesn't hurt but it looks ugly. There were some other things too, a nick here, a sore spot there -- enough to corroborate it.

I wonder if I can get the pool people to warn me when they put in that kind of chlorine..... I am signed up for updates; they could just add chlorine updates to what they post. I'd love to go somewhere else when it's like that, next time.

No comments: