~

~

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Anecortave Acetate

Forgot to mention this before -- when i saw my ophthalmologist on tuesday this was his idea for how to address any elevation of intra-ocular pressure (IOP) due to the steroid decadron which i will have to take before the chemo taxol, which I will start in mid July. Anecortave acetate is in injection rather than an eye drop, but should last a month or longer, so i might just need it once or twice.

It might take a month or so for the elevated IOP to show -- but my eye doctor says it should go up gradually, so I made an appt. to see him at the end of July. Now I just have to figure out how to convince him to just give me the durn injection(s) without my having to either go back to see him every week or two and/or risk irreversible vision loss from pressure elevation. I've googled and googled, and can't find any problems with it -- in fact it looks like it might work for regular glaucoma related pressure elevation, not just steroid induced. However, I know he's a little worried it might mess up the eye surgery done in 1999 in my right eye..... I don't know if that is a real concern or not.... or if maybe i should go to Boston to have it done. (My eye doctor here is very good, but my Boston eye doctor is the best.) I have written her (my Boston eye doctor, who did the surgery in my right eye) with some of these questions.

No comments: